Rain and snow in the immediate future – 03/03/2016

5-Day Forecast

Friday: Mostly cloudy.
High: 38
Low: 30

Saturday: Cloudy, chance for rain/snow mix early before noon, then light rain. Breezy.
High: 46
Low: 34

Sunday: Partly sunny
High: 52
Low: 39

Monday: Partly Sunny
High: 62
Low: 49

Tuesday: Mostly Cloudy, 30% chance of rain.
High: 65
Low: 53

Tuesday night: Cloudy. 70% chance of rain. Overnight low of 54

A light dusting of snow covered the ground this morning here in Muncie, but we shouldn’t expect any more snow today. Friday will be a pretty gloomy day, mostly cloudy skies will dominate, but there may be a few peaks of sunshine. Overnight on Friday and early Saturday morning a low pressure system will move through from the northwest. This will bring us a chance for snow early Saturday morning, with any accumulation less than 0.5 inches. Mid-morning that snow should change to a rain/snow mix, then a chance for rain in the afternoon. Sunday we will see the sunshine return to our forecast. High temperatures will start to rise as well. Monday that sunshine will stick around for most of the day. Temperatures will crack 60 degrees as well on Monday. Overnight on Monday our next rain chance will start to move in, and for Tuesday there is a about a 30% chance of rain. That chance will grow larger Tuesday night with a 70% chance of rain. Heavier rain is expected on Wednesday and Thursday, but Friday we should see that rain move out, allowing for sunshine to round out the week. Make sure to follow us on twitter @WCRDWX and if you are flying out tomorrow morning, make sure to check your updated flight times.

-WCRD Weather Forecaster, Caleb Saylor