This past Wednesday, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced a mask mandate going into effect this upcoming Monday. Here are the determining factors behind the decision.
- Getting children back to school and keeping businesses open and operating.
- An increase in Covid-19 positivity rate.
- An increase in the number of Hoosiers hospitalized for COVID-19.
- Additional counties seeing more cases.
- An increase in cases and positivity rates in neighboring states.
Hoosiers that are required to wear a mask include any person 8 years or older in indoor public spaces, commercial entities, transportation services, or in outside public spaces where you cannot socially distance.
Mask enforcement in schools include those in grades 3 and up, faculty and staff, volunteers, and any other persons within a school’s campus.
Co-curricular and extracurricular activities must be done while wearing a mask with the exception of strenuous physical activity.
Those who have a medical condition that could be aggravated by wearing a mask, eating, drinking, and strenuous physical activity all qualify for exceptions.
Masks are strongly recommended for children between the ages of 2 to 7.
Total Views: 1,860 Listeners, Today's Viewers: 4 Listeners