Flames, but not from the grill. Car Catches fire outside of local Burger King.

By: Jacob Kemiel 02/10/20

MUNCIE, Ind.– Flames, but not from a grill.

A car caught on fire today in the parking lot of Burger King on W Bethel Ave.  The car caught flames after the driver failed to remove his electric lighter.

The fire department quickly responded to an emergency the call.

 “We got a call for a vehicle on fire, and when we arrived we had seen it from several blocks away. It was fully engulfed” said Fireman Eddie Bell.

Vehicle owner, Dwayne Devan, was waiting to receive money to purchase food at Burger King when his lighter plug caught on fire.

Devan tried to put it out with water, prior to the fire fighter’s arrival. “It was a scary situation, but everyone is cool” said Devan.

I asked Bell for tips about preventing vehicle fires.

Bell strongly encourages people to have monthly maintenance on their vehicles to prevent any type of hazards to operators.

“I was all the way by down the road, so I stopped to see what was going on. The rims look great on the tires, but everything else is melted” said an eyewitness.